Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Doing Things Backwards...



Okay ....I need to vent about how I have always done thing backwards in life. Don't get me wrong I love my life and my wonderful kids and husband but some of my decision's in life have made things more difficult. I got married at 18...Had my first son at the age of 19 and my second son at 23. I haven't been to school yet because I have been busy being a stay at home MOM/ Military Wife. Which are very demanding... and I know I am doing the right thing by being at home but sometimes I want to be really selfish because I skipped that part of my life. I want to go back to school get a job and all of that. So, recently I have been looking at schools on the web trying to figure out what to do. ( Don't I sound like a High School student ) But I keep going back to the same thing I wanted to do after High School which is in the Nutrition Field. So I am working on getting started on that as we speak. As for the job part...I think I am going to have to hold off because of my two very important boys that need me at home. So, here I go back to school at the age of 25... I am doing it all backwards!

4 comments:

Angela said...

Well well! Look who's joined the blogging world! :) Glad to have ya. I know what you mean with the whole schooling thing. I only got my Associates Degree and you really can't do a whole lot with that. Good luck with your education! Let me know if you find a good online program...

Jeff and Ang said...

Karissa!! Yay you have a blog (: I know how you feel about not going to school, since I too did things a little backwards. I have done classes on and off since high school and just haven't been able to finish completely. I also keep changing my mind which doesn't help. I decided it just isn't going to happen until my kids are in school. So I made a new goal...done with school by the time I'm 30 cause 30's the new 20 right??? Hehe Don't get too discouraged!! I took a few courses to become a dietician and I really enjoyed it! I'll keep my eyes open for anything for online courses.

Leah said...

Karissa, that is so AWESOME. Good luck.
Oh, and I'm excited that you have a blog, too. :)

Linsey F said...

Hey found your blog from Angie! That is good that you are thinking about going back to school. It will be hard with kids, but totally worth it. Just make sure it is something you will use. I got my Bachelors, but need a Masters to do anything in that field, so I just stay at home and take care of my family instead! I guess it worked out anyway! Good Luck!!!!