Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Military Life...

Jesse has been in the military for just over 11 years and his contract is up next summer. He has wanted to get out for a long time now but its a hard decision. The reasons being are next summer he will have 12 years in and he is 8 years from retirement and he will only be 37 Years old! Also all the benefits that come with being in the Marines. But there is always a down side to being in the Marines. When he was on recruiting duty we never saw him because they worked extremely long hours and now that he is back to his regular job we are having to deal with deployments again=(.When we lived in Hawaii he was never there. He was always on some kind of deployment. Whether it was 2 weeks , 1 month or 6 months long he was never around. So now that we are at that point thinking re-enlisting will be the best for our family I am kinda freaking out. He will have a couple mini deployments before next summer when they leave for the middle east. I am not looking forward to the extra emotions and meltdowns from myself, my kids and my husband. Also all the changes you have to make at home when they are gone and then the changes you have to make when they get back from the deployments.It is so hard on the family... I think it will be extra hard on Keyshon because he never had to deal with Daddy being gone for a long time. Also I know it will be hard on my emotional boy Kymani. Jesse was only around for maybe 4 months of Kymani's first year of life and it was about the same for every year until he was 5. It will be interesting how both of my kids will do cause I know that I am never ready for these deployments. No matter how strong I think I am I always end up having some kind of meltdown. I guess that is what you get for being in the Military.What can you do... right??? Oh well...

4 comments:

Angela said...

Congrats on your job! So how's the corporate world? Jesse's decided to re-enlist? You can always come visit if you get too lonely over there. And don't forget Holidays!! I know it may be hard for the kids when he's gone, but think about the not too distant future when he can play all kinds of sports with them and support them in their jr high and high school stuff!!

Camille said...

ummm hello, i didn't know you had a blog. geez you think you would have told me or something :-) Hey maybe we will be dealing with deployments together. yuck.

The McEwen Family said...

I didn't know you had a blog TOO! How sad and you even have me on your friends list you have to keep me updated here! LOL. I'm glad you have one so I have one more page to bug you on! =) Love ya girly!

Jeff and Ang said...

karissa, what happened to you blogging!! facebook and myspace is just not enough for me...I need more (: